Midwest Automation was founded in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1959 by John Anderson as a precision machine shop doing contract work for 3M, Honeywell, and other well-known companies in the area. In 1966, Midwest purchased Hypaco, a manufacturer of miter saws for fabricating kitchen countertops which was its introduction into the wood industry.
In the 1970's, Midwest Automation expanded its line of woodworking machinery by acquiring the Corfab from Possiss Engineering, and postforming and laminating equipment from Bechtold Engineering.
Kenneth Holley purchased Midwest Automation in 1987 and subsequently moved the company to a new 40,000 square foot manufacturing facility in 1996.
The product line has expanded to include adhesive applications, flat panel laminating, material handling, and engineered systems.